Our affiliate hospital, St. Joseph, has implemented limited visitation strategies and other minimal exposure protocols to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Note our Copperstate Ob/Gyn office is still enforcing our own visitation policy. Learn more here: https://www.copperstateobgyn.com/copperstate-covid-19/
Changes in the hospital policies for visitation:
In accordance with CDC guidelines and Carondelet Health Network COVID SAFETY Standards, St. Joseph’s has updated their visitation policy effective May 18, 2020:
St. Joseph’s now permits 1 visitor to accompany the following…
- Elective procedure patients who are over the age of 65
- Elective procedure patients in need of a caregiver
- Patients under the age of 18
- Childbirth patients
- Patients undergoing a C-section procedure
- End of life patients
They will also be allowing 2 visitors for newborns in the NICU.
All patients and visitors will be screened for fever, respiratory symptoms or travel to high risk locations prior to entering the hospital, and are required to wear visitor identification, a facemask and sanitize hands.
Visitation and screening policies are designed to protect patients, visitors and employees.
Hospital on-site classes moved to online:
There is no higher priority than the health of our community. In an effort to avoid potential exposure to COVID-19. all on-site classes have been postponed until further notice.
In lieu of this, we urge all expectant families to register for FREE access to YoMingo. This web-based tool gives you access to:
- Evidence-based education for labor and birth and breastfeeding
- A direct link to the CDC’s updates on coronavirus and pregnancy
- Multiple languages
If you do not receive a registration email from YoMingo, please be sure to check your spam folder.
Access to this program will be made available through the end of May.
St. Joseph’s Virtual Tour:
Like many other hospitals, in-person tours of St. Joseph’s are no longer being held. In the meantime, consider viewing their virtual tour!
- Preparing for the Birth of your Baby [Watch Now]
- The Birth of your Baby [Watch Now]
- After your Baby is born at St. Joseph’s Hospital [Watch Now]