Copperstate OB/Gyn is Now Accepting Banner – University Family Care
We recognize that this year has put a lot of hardships on our community.
We are committed to providing high quality patient care in the midst of these difficult times, and are pleased to announce that we are now accepting Banner – University Family Care, an Arizona Medicaid Health Plan (“AHCCCS”) contracted health plan.
Now is the Perfect Time to Enroll
Not only is fall a time for pumpkin spice lattes, leaves crunching underfoot and of course, cooler days – it’s also open enrollment season! It’s the perfect time to switch to an AHCCCS health plan.
For those in our community currently on an AHCCCS contracted health plan or looking to make a switch to one we encourage you to consider Banner – University Family Care.
Banner – University Family Care/AHCCCS Complete Care is an AHCCCS plan designed to efficiently meet the health and/or personal needs of those enrolled in AHCCCS.
Service areas include the following counties: Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, and Yuma.
The Benefits of an AHCCCS Health Plan
An AHCCCS health plan works like a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). The health plan partners with doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, specialists and more to provide quality care to the community.
If you qualify for an AHCCCS health plan, you will choose a primary care doctor who will:
- Be the first person you go to for care
- Authorize your non-emergency medical services
- Send you to a specialist when needed
AHCCCS health plans provide many medical services, including (but not limited to):
Prescriptions (not applicable to those with Medicare)
Labs and X-rays
Transportation to Doctor
Family Planning Services
AHCCCS Behavioral Health Services
AHCCCS also provides a variety of behavioral health services, including:
- Behavioral Health Day Programs including supervised day programs, therapeutic day programs, medical day programs;
- Crisis Services including mobile team services, telephone crisis response, and urgent care Inpatient Services including hospital, sub-acute and residential treatment;
- Rehabilitation Services including living skills, cognitive rehabilitation, supported employment and education support; and
- Health and Wellness – prevention, education and standardized training for the purpose of increasing knowledge about topics such as medication management, the nature of an illness, relapse and symptom management, stress management, parenting skills and health lifestyles;
- Residential Behavioral Health Services
- Support Services including case management, personal assistance, Family & Peer Support, therapeutic foster care, respite, housing support, interpreter services, transportation, assistance accessing community resources and locating and applying for benefits, child care connections; and
- Treatment Services – counseling, consultation, assessment and specialized testing, and substance abuse treatment.
We Accept a Variety of HMO and PPO Plans
We participate with many different PPO and HMO plans and also accept traditional indemnity insurance.
Please bear in mind that plans’ lists of providers are not always up to date. If you are not sure about our provider status with your insurance company, please call us to check with our business office.
Before making any open enrollment decisions, please contact our office at 520.721.8605 to make sure we are a covered provider!
We are here to help.